Welcome to New England!
A New England vacation is a getaway your family will love!
The natural beauty, culture, and history of New England attract and delight visitors from around the world. The six states that compose the region -- Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont -- have distinct characters, but they all host visitors in all seasons of the year. Fall is for viewing the colorful foliage; winter brings all manner of snow sports; spring is the time for urban fun, museums, and cultural attractions; and summer is for getting outdoors in the mountains, meadows, and beaches.
Click here to view a full map of New England
New England states:
An easy drive from New York City and Philadelphia, Connecticut is a place of Revolutionary War history and cultural attractions, like the architecture and museums of Yale University in New Haven; the home of writer Mark Twain in Hartford; and the many charming village greens, antique shops, and cozy inns of the rural Litchfield region. Two major attractions are the Mystic Seaport living history museum and Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, as well as two giant Native American casinos, Foxwoods in Mashantucket and Mohegan Sun in Uncasville.
Discover Events and Festivals in Connecticut.
The northernmost New England state, Maine has a dual character. People love its magnificent, rocky coasts and plentiful historic lighthouses, and also its forested inland mountains and lakes. A gem is Acadia National Park on the coast, with rocky beaches, bluffs, and stunning ocean vistas. The southern coast has wonderful sand beaches like Old Orchard Beach and Ogunquit, and the coastal city of Portland, with a burgeoning foodie culture, great art museums, and interesting 19th-century architecture. The inland lakes and mountains attract hunters, fishermen, hikers, skiers, and snowmobilers.
Discover Events and Festivals in Maine.
Massachusetts has the most variety of the New England states. Boston is a world-class city with many prestigious universities, dining of every description, music, museums and Revolutionary War history. Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket attract visitors with their fabulous beaches and comfortable maritime setting. Western Massachusetts and the Berkshires offer ski mountains and cultural attractions in Tanglewood, Lenox, and Stockbridge. The story of the Pilgrims is told in Plymouth. The northern towns of Gloucester, Salem, and Lowell display the state's fishing, witching, and industrial history.
Discover Events and Festivals in Massachusetts.
New Hampshire is loved for its magnificent White Mountains, where visitors enjoy snow sports; luxury resorts and inns; scenic railroad excursions; and outdoor family attractions for kids. The state has a short but dynamic oceanfront in its southeastern corner. Big sand beaches with family entertainments are busy all summer. The port town of Portsmouth is on a river teeming with boat traffic, and visitors love its pretty downtown, great shopping and dining. The region surrounding Lake Winnipesaukee attracts generations of families for lakeside summer vacations.
Discover Events and Festivals in New Hampshire.
Rhode Island packs a lot of variety into its small geography. Visitors beam with wonder at Newport's oceanfront Gilded Age mansions and enjoy the city's stunning vistas and lively downtown with dining, culture, and historic buildings. The South County region spoils vacationers with broad, sandy beaches and summer entertainment. The city of Providence has a restored downtown surrounding a gorgeous riverfront park. The Providence Place Mall and Federal Hill, the city's Little Italy neighborhood, offer great shopping and dining. The inland Blackstone Valley tells the story of the earliest textile mill societies in America.
Discover Events and Festivals in Rhode Island.
The world's mental picture of Vermont is: green mountains; brilliant fall foliage; small, pretty towns and idyllic farms in lush valleys; fabulous skiing; maple trees and maple syrup. All of that is true. It is the one New England state with no oceanfront, but gorgeous Lake Champlain and its islands provide a playground for winter and summer water sports. The state has one major city, Burlington, which hums with community spirit and cultural activity. Manchester and its surrounding towns distill all the pleasures of Vermont, from inns to dining to mountainside fun.
Discover Events and Festivals in Vermont.
- Bath Heritage Days 2015 - Bath, ME
- Boothbay and Boothbay Harbor Fourth of July 2015 - Boothbay and Boothbay Harbor, ME
- Camden Festival of Independence 2015 - Camden, ME
- Fireworks and More 2015 at Q Burke Mountain - East Burke, VT
- Eastport Fourth of July 2015 - Deer Island and Eastport, ME
- Boston Harborfest 2015 - Boston, MA
- Lexington Lions Fourth of July Carnival 2015 - Lexington, MA
- “The Wyeths: America Reflected” - Sandwich, MA
- “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” - Monmouth, ME
- Niantic Outdoor Arts & Crafts Show & Lobsterfest/Chicken Barbecue - Niantic, CT
- Summer Jazz at Wequassett - Chatham, MA
- Bass River Arts & Craft Festival - Yarmouth, MA
- Red, White & Blue Days at Edaville USA - Carver, MA
- Independence Day Celebration 2015 at Old Sturbridge Village - Sturbridge, MA
- Veront Symphony Orchestra Summer Festival tour 2015 - Chittenden, Manchester, Grafton, Shelburne, Stowe, South Pomfret, Ludlow, Randolph, VT
- Poore Farm Open Barn and Celebration 2015 - Stewartstown, NH
- Cape Cod Melody Tent 2015 Season - Hyannis, MA
- NorthWoods Pond Party & Barbecue - East Charleston, VT
- Family Barnyard Programs at Wolfe's Neck Farm - Freeport, ME
- “Hansel and Gretel” at Acadia Repertory Theatre - Somesville, ME
- Rhode Island Masters Exhibition at the Gilbert Stuart Museum - Saunderstown, RI
- Boz Scaggs - Ridgefield, CT
- Comedy Night - Ridgefield, CT
- Thomas Schütte: Crystal Exhibit - Williamstown, MA
- Summer Concerts at the Trumbull Town Hall 2015 - Trumbull,, CT
- Norwalk Summer Concert Series and July 4 Fireworks 2015 - Norwalk, CT
- Monarch Butterfly Waystation at Bellamy-Ferriday - Bethlehem, CT
- Whistler’s Mother: Grey, Black, And White - Williamstown, MA
- “Victor/Victoria” - Ogunquit, ME
- Changes In Latitudes Jimmy Buffett tribute band - Bangor, ME
- Gregg Allman - Portland, ME
- Music After Hours at The Mount in July - Lenox, MA
- An Evening with Paula Poundstone - Pittsfield, MA
- East Haven Fireworks & Beach Party 2015 - East Haven, CT
- Village Harmony Concert - Keene, NH
- NewportFILM Outdoors - Newport and Middletown, RI
- Flutterby: Butterflies in Bloom - Providence, RI
- “My Sky” Exhibit at Providence Children’s Museum - Providence, RI
- “La Cage Aux Folles” - East Haddam, CT
- Block Parties on Mashpee Commons - Mashpee, MA
- Slide the City Portland - Portland, ME
- Project Arts Summer Concert Series 2015 - Plymouth, MA
- Ossipee Old Home Week 2015 - Ossipee, NH
- Plimoth Plantation Summer Workshops - Plymouth, MA
- Mountain Friends & Freedom Fourth of July Celebration 2015 - Stratton Mountain, VT
- Circus Smirkus Big Top Tour 2015: Bon Appétit! - Greensboro, Essex Junction, St. Johnsbury, Montpelier, VT
- From Birds to Beasts: Audubon's Last Great Adventure - Manchester, NH
- City Hall Park Lunchtime Concert Series - Burlington, VT
- West Haven Summer Concert Series 2015 - West Haven, CT
- North Haven Music Under the Stars 2015 - North Haven, CT
- Summer Nights by Harbor Lights: Milford Summer Concert Series - Milford, CT
- Hamden Arts Commission's 2015 Summer Concert Series - Hamden, CT
- “Roz Chast: Cartoon Memoirs” at the Norman Rockwell Museum - Stockbridge, MA
- Walnut Beach Summer Concert Series 2015 - Walnut Beach, CT
- Branford Jazz on the Green 2015 - Branford, CT
- “The Seven Deadly Sins: Pride” Exhibit at The Bruce Museum - Greenwich, CT
- Concerts Under the Elms 2015 - Providence, RI
- “Junie B. Jones” - Weston, VT
- “Pump Boys and Dinettes” - Weston, VT
- “South Pacific” - Ivoryton, CT
- “Deathtrap” - Stockbridge, MA
- July Concerts at Blue Hills Bank Pavilion - Boston, MA
- “Fool of the World and the Flying Ship” Family Show - Monmouth, ME
- “Turn of the Screw” - Monmouth, ME
- IMAX: "Flight of the Butterflies" - Norwalk, CT
- Heat, Wave: Summer on the Water - Old Lyme, CT
- Band Concerts at Thompson Common and Riverside Park - Thompson and North Grosvenordale, CT
- Noche Flamenca presents "Antigona" - Great Barrington, MA
- Field of Artisans Summer Pop-Up Market - South Kingstown, RI
- “Thoreau or, Return to Walden” - Stockbridge, MA
- The River House Restaurant Concert Series 2015 at Prescott Park - Portsmouth, NH
- “Peter Pan” in Prescott Park - Portsmouth, NH
- Exhibit: Peter Blume: Nature and Metamorphosis - Hartford, CT
- Mark Bradford / MATRIX 172 - Hartford, CT
- "Venus in Fur" by David Ives - Warren, RI
- The Fairy Houses of Highfield Hall & Gardens - Falmouth, MA
- Lowell Summer Music Series 2015 - Lowell, MA