Welcome to New England!
A New England vacation is a getaway your family will love!
The natural beauty, culture, and history of New England attract and delight visitors from around the world. The six states that compose the region -- Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont -- have distinct characters, but they all host visitors in all seasons of the year. Fall is for viewing the colorful foliage; winter brings all manner of snow sports; spring is the time for urban fun, museums, and cultural attractions; and summer is for getting outdoors in the mountains, meadows, and beaches.
New England states:
An easy drive from New York City and Philadelphia, Connecticut is a place of Revolutionary War history and cultural attractions, like the architecture and museums of Yale University in New Haven; the home of writer Mark Twain in Hartford; and the many charming village greens, antique shops, and cozy inns of the rural Litchfield region. Two major attractions are the Mystic Seaport living history museum and Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, as well as two giant Native American casinos, Foxwoods in Mashantucket and Mohegan Sun in Uncasville.
Discover Events and Festivals in Connecticut.
The northernmost New England state, Maine has a dual character. People love its magnificent, rocky coasts and plentiful historic lighthouses, and also its forested inland mountains and lakes. A gem is Acadia National Park on the coast, with rocky beaches, bluffs, and stunning ocean vistas. The southern coast has wonderful sand beaches like Old Orchard Beach and Ogunquit, and the coastal city of Portland, with a burgeoning foodie culture, great art museums, and interesting 19th-century architecture. The inland lakes and mountains attract hunters, fishermen, hikers, skiers, and snowmobilers.
Discover Events and Festivals in Maine.
Massachusetts has the most variety of the New England states. Boston is a world-class city with many prestigious universities, dining of every description, music, museums and Revolutionary War history. Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket attract visitors with their fabulous beaches and comfortable maritime setting. Western Massachusetts and the Berkshires offer ski mountains and cultural attractions in Tanglewood, Lenox, and Stockbridge. The story of the Pilgrims is told in Plymouth. The northern towns of Gloucester, Salem, and Lowell display the state's fishing, witching, and industrial history.
Discover Events and Festivals in Massachusetts.
New Hampshire is loved for its magnificent White Mountains, where visitors enjoy snow sports; luxury resorts and inns; scenic railroad excursions; and outdoor family attractions for kids. The state has a short but dynamic oceanfront in its southeastern corner. Big sand beaches with family entertainments are busy all summer. The port town of Portsmouth is on a river teeming with boat traffic, and visitors love its pretty downtown, great shopping and dining. The region surrounding Lake Winnipesaukee attracts generations of families for lakeside summer vacations.
Discover Events and Festivals in New Hampshire.
Rhode Island packs a lot of variety into its small geography. Visitors beam with wonder at Newport's oceanfront Gilded Age mansions and enjoy the city's stunning vistas and lively downtown with dining, culture, and historic buildings. The South County region spoils vacationers with broad, sandy beaches and summer entertainment. The city of Providence has a restored downtown surrounding a gorgeous riverfront park. The Providence Place Mall and Federal Hill, the city's Little Italy neighborhood, offer great shopping and dining. The inland Blackstone Valley tells the story of the earliest textile mill societies in America.
Discover Events and Festivals in Rhode Island.
The world's mental picture of Vermont is: green mountains; brilliant fall foliage; small, pretty towns and idyllic farms in lush valleys; fabulous skiing; maple trees and maple syrup. All of that is true. It is the one New England state with no oceanfront, but gorgeous Lake Champlain and its islands provide a playground for winter and summer water sports. The state has one major city, Burlington, which hums with community spirit and cultural activity. Manchester and its surrounding towns distill all the pleasures of Vermont, from inns to dining to mountainside fun.
Discover Events and Festivals in Vermont.
- Mike's Maze Celebrates the National Park Service in 2016 - Sunderland, MA
- Davis Mega Maze 2016 - Sterling, MA
- Marini Farm Corn Maze 2016 - Ipswich, MA
- “Million Dollar Quartet” - Ogunquit, ME
- Pumpkin Train with Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Co. - Portland, ME
- “10,000 Things” - Providence, RI
- Inventing Impressionism Exhibit at the Rhode Island School of Design Museum - Providence, RI
- Rhode Island Archaeology Month 2016 - Various towns, RI
- "Hansel and Gretel" - Bridgeport, CT
- A Flutter in Time: Faerie Villages Around the World and Across the Ages - Old Lyme, CT
- The Haunted Isle 2016 at the Shoreline Trolley Museum - East Haven, CT
- Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce 2016 - Bristol, CT
- Fright at the Fort 2016 - Prospect, ME
- Wicked Walking Tours - Portland, ME
- Junkins Haunted Estate 2016 - Kittery, ME
- Night of the Laughing Dead 2016 - Boston, MA
- Haunted Dinner Theater 2016 - Salem, MA
- Pumpkins Aglow 2016 at Edaville USA - Carver, MA
- Salem Haunted Happenings 2016 - Salem, MA
- Pumpkin Patch Express 2016 - North Conway, NH
- Legends, Ghosts & Graves Walk - Portsmouth, NH
- Return Of The Pumpkin People - Jackson and Conway, NH
- Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular 2016 - Providence, RI
- Haunted Hill 2016 - Cumberland, RI
- Haunted Tunnel 2016 - Pawtucket, RI
- Deadnberry Manor Haunted Tours 2016 at Wilson Castle - Proctor, VT
- Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Ghostly Sightings Tours 2016 - Norwalk, CT
- Wicked Haunted Walk 2016 - Mexico, ME
- Murder Mystery Dinner Train at the Conway Scenic Railroad 2016 - North Conway Village, NH
- Fireside Chats at The Fireplace - Brookline, MA
- Historic Ghost Tour of East Bridgewater Village - East Bridgewater, MA
- “Presidents, Politics, and the Pen: The Influential Art of Thomas Nast “ Exhibit - Stockbridge, MA
- Graveyard Shift Ghost Tour at The Mark Twain House - Hartford, CT
- Hanson’s Haunted Hayride 2016 - Framingham, MA
- “Nevermore” - Wellfleet, MA
- Haunted Theater at the Gables - Salem, MA
- The Company Theatre Presents “Dracula” - Norwell, MA
- Not-So-Ordinary Pumpkin Patch Tours & PYO - Laconia, NH
- Garden & Property Tour at Prescott Farm - Laconia, NH
- The Magnificent Big Trees of Prescott Farm - Laconia, NH
- Frightful Friday Ghost Stories and Tour at The Gore Mansion 2016 - Waltham, MA
- Ghost Tours at The Mount 2016 - Lenox, MA
- Zoo Boo Days 2016 at Southwick’s Zoo - Mendon, MA
- Salem Spirits Trolley - Salem, MA
- Mayhem at the Mill 2016 - Laconia, NH
- Mahaiwe Presents Ramblin’ Jack Elliott - Great Barrington, ma
- "Hamlet" with Actors’ Shakespeare Project - Boston, MA
- City Wide Open Studios - New Haven, CT
- Longfellow’s Haunted House Tour 2016 - Portland, ME
- Ghostly Bangor Walking Tour - Bangor, ME
- “Do Lord Remember Me: The Black Church in RI” - Providence, Woonsocket, Newport, RI
- Arlo Guthrie - Great Barrington, MA
- Beyond Words: Illuminated Manuscripts in Boston Collections - Boston, MA
- The Art and Mystery of the Dollhouse Exhibit - Concord, MA
- Stowe, At Night, Lantern Tours - Stowe, VT
- Stowe Restaurant Week - Stowe, VT
- Bourbon and BBQ with The Mallett Brothers Band - Portland, ME
- The Ghosts of Hammond Castle -- Echos from the Deep - Gloucester, MA
- Divas of the Night Concert - Worcester, MA
- Capitol Steps - Brownfield, ME
- WaterFire 2016 - Providence, RI
- Beer Club at Tap House Grille - Hooksett, NH
- Sea Squirts at New England Aquarium - Boston, MA
- "Last of the Red Hot Lovers" - Newport, RI
- City-Wide Open Studios - New Haven, CT
- Night Becomes Us: Photographs by the Greater Boston Night Photographers - Duxbury, MA
- Rocky Horror Show - Sanford, ME