Welcome to New England!
A New England vacation is a getaway your family will love!
The natural beauty, culture, and history of New England attract and delight visitors from around the world. The six states that compose the region -- Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont -- have distinct characters, but they all host visitors in all seasons of the year. Fall is for viewing the colorful foliage; winter brings all manner of snow sports; spring is the time for urban fun, museums, and cultural attractions; and summer is for getting outdoors in the mountains, meadows, and beaches.
Click here to view a full map of New England
New England states:
An easy drive from New York City and Philadelphia, Connecticut is a place of Revolutionary War history and cultural attractions, like the architecture and museums of Yale University in New Haven; the home of writer Mark Twain in Hartford; and the many charming village greens, antique shops, and cozy inns of the rural Litchfield region. Two major attractions are the Mystic Seaport living history museum and Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, as well as two giant Native American casinos, Foxwoods in Mashantucket and Mohegan Sun in Uncasville.
Discover Events and Festivals in Connecticut.
The northernmost New England state, Maine has a dual character. People love its magnificent, rocky coasts and plentiful historic lighthouses, and also its forested inland mountains and lakes. A gem is Acadia National Park on the coast, with rocky beaches, bluffs, and stunning ocean vistas. The southern coast has wonderful sand beaches like Old Orchard Beach and Ogunquit, and the coastal city of Portland, with a burgeoning foodie culture, great art museums, and interesting 19th-century architecture. The inland lakes and mountains attract hunters, fishermen, hikers, skiers, and snowmobilers.
Discover Events and Festivals in Maine.
Massachusetts has the most variety of the New England states. Boston is a world-class city with many prestigious universities, dining of every description, music, museums and Revolutionary War history. Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket attract visitors with their fabulous beaches and comfortable maritime setting. Western Massachusetts and the Berkshires offer ski mountains and cultural attractions in Tanglewood, Lenox, and Stockbridge. The story of the Pilgrims is told in Plymouth. The northern towns of Gloucester, Salem, and Lowell display the state's fishing, witching, and industrial history.
Discover Events and Festivals in Massachusetts.
New Hampshire is loved for its magnificent White Mountains, where visitors enjoy snow sports; luxury resorts and inns; scenic railroad excursions; and outdoor family attractions for kids. The state has a short but dynamic oceanfront in its southeastern corner. Big sand beaches with family entertainments are busy all summer. The port town of Portsmouth is on a river teeming with boat traffic, and visitors love its pretty downtown, great shopping and dining. The region surrounding Lake Winnipesaukee attracts generations of families for lakeside summer vacations.
Discover Events and Festivals in New Hampshire.
Rhode Island packs a lot of variety into its small geography. Visitors beam with wonder at Newport's oceanfront Gilded Age mansions and enjoy the city's stunning vistas and lively downtown with dining, culture, and historic buildings. The South County region spoils vacationers with broad, sandy beaches and summer entertainment. The city of Providence has a restored downtown surrounding a gorgeous riverfront park. The Providence Place Mall and Federal Hill, the city's Little Italy neighborhood, offer great shopping and dining. The inland Blackstone Valley tells the story of the earliest textile mill societies in America.
Discover Events and Festivals in Rhode Island.
The world's mental picture of Vermont is: green mountains; brilliant fall foliage; small, pretty towns and idyllic farms in lush valleys; fabulous skiing; maple trees and maple syrup. All of that is true. It is the one New England state with no oceanfront, but gorgeous Lake Champlain and its islands provide a playground for winter and summer water sports. The state has one major city, Burlington, which hums with community spirit and cultural activity. Manchester and its surrounding towns distill all the pleasures of Vermont, from inns to dining to mountainside fun.
Discover Events and Festivals in Vermont.
- “Odd Couple” - Newport, RI
- “Little Shop of Horrors” - Ivoryton, CT
- “Saturday Night Fever” - Ogunquit, ME
- Burlington Edible History Tour - Burlington, VT
- Nighttime Lantern Tour of the Gorge and Caves of Lost River - North Woodstock, NH
- “The Lion in Winter” by James Goldman - Bennington, VT
- Corn Maze 2015 at Escobar's Farm - Portsmouth, RI
- Corn Maze 2015 at Ekonk Hill Turkey Farm - Moosup, CT
- Corn Maze and Mini Moo Labyrinth 2015 at Fort Hill Farm - Thompson, CT
- Lyman Orchards Corn Maze 2015 with Pez Theme - Middlefield, CT
- Foster’s Corn Maze 2015 - South Windsor, CT
- Corn Maze 2015 at Castle Hill Farm - Newtown, CT
- “Streetcar Named Desire” - Pawtucket, RI
- Yours Sincerely, John S. Sargent - Boston, MA
- Racing and Food Truck Festivals at Suffolk Downs - East Boston, MA
- Escobar’s Farm Corn Maze 2015 - Portsmouth, RI
- Corn Maze 2015 at Salisbury Farm - Johnston, RI
- Davis Mega Maze 2015 - Sterling, MA
- Wee Faerie Village at Florence Griswold Museum - Old Lyme, CT
- Corn Maze 2015 at R-Farm - Lebanon, CT
- Laugh Lounge with the Berkshire Theatre Festival - Pittsfield, MA
- Housatonic Heritage Walks - Berkshire County MA and Litchfield County Ct, MA
- Marini Farm Corn Maze 2015 - Ipswich, MA
- Nessralla Farm Corn Maze 2015 - Halifax, MA
- WaterFire 2015 - Providence, RI
- Corn Maze 2015 at Gaines Farm - Guilford, VT
- Mazza Farm Corn Maze 2015 - Colchester, VT
- Great Vermont Corn Maze 2015 - Danville, VT
- Hathaway Farm Corn Maze 2015 - Rutland, VT
- Treworgy Corn Maze 2015 - Levant, ME
- Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch at Sandy River 2015 - Farmington, ME
- Thunder Road Farm Corn Maze 2015 - Corinna, ME
- Pardon Me, Doug - Waterville, ME
- Mount Sunapee Aerial Sky Rides 2015 - Newbury, NH
- Fall Foliage Cruises on Lake Winnipesaukee - Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH
- Foliage Dinner Trains Aboard the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad - Meredith, NH
- Salem Haunted Happenings 2015 - Salem, MA
- Pumpkins Aglow! - Carver, MA
- Witch’s Woods 2015 at Nashoba Valley Ski Area - Westford, MA
- The Haunted Isle 2015 at the Shoreline Trolley Museum - East Haven, CT
- Fright Night in Slater Park 2015 - Pawtucket, RI
- Haunted Hill 2015 - Cumberland, RI
- Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular at Roger Williams Park Zoo 2015 - Providence, RI
- Providence Ghost Tour - Providence, RI
- Red Cloak Haunted History Tour - Camden, Damariscotta, Wiscasset, Boothbay Harbor, Bath, Hallowell, Bar Harbor and Rockland, ME
- Wicked Walking Tours 2015 - Portland, ME
- Pickpockets, Rogues and Highwaymen: Halloween at the Fort - Charlestown, NH
- Ghosts on the Banke at Strawbery Banke Museum 2015 - Portsmouth, NH
- Ghost Encounters at Canterbury Shaker Village - Canterbury, NH
- A Family Halloween 2015 at Billings Farm & Museum - Woodstock, VT
- Bonsai Pavilion Open House - Boston, MA
- The Witch and the Winds: A Woodwind Quintet Halloween Family Concert - Middlebury, VT
- “The Homecoming” - Stockbridge, MA
- Apple Days at Old Sturbridge Village - Sturbridge, MA
- “Julius Caesar” - Providence, RI
- Busking @ Bowen’s Wharf Fall 2015 - Newport, RI
- “Billy Elliot” - Beverly, MA
- "...With the Revolver" Interactive Murder Mystery - Newport, RI
- stART on the Street - Worcester, MA
- Retrospective Exhibit of Charles Harold Davis - Greenwich, CT
- Fall Foliage Journey on the Essex Steam Train - Essex, CT
- Queen City Ghostwalk - Burlington, VT
- Sunday Estate Walk & History of the Beebe Property at Highfield Hall - Falmouth, MA
- Zach's Corn Maze - York, ME
- "Young Frankenstein the Musical" - New Britain, CT