Welcome to New England!
A New England vacation is a getaway your family will love!
The natural beauty, culture, and history of New England attract and delight visitors from around the world. The six states that compose the region -- Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont -- have distinct characters, but they all host visitors in all seasons of the year. Fall is for viewing the colorful foliage; winter brings all manner of snow sports; spring is the time for urban fun, museums, and cultural attractions; and summer is for getting outdoors in the mountains, meadows, and beaches.
New England states:
An easy drive from New York City and Philadelphia, Connecticut is a place of Revolutionary War history and cultural attractions, like the architecture and museums of Yale University in New Haven; the home of writer Mark Twain in Hartford; and the many charming village greens, antique shops, and cozy inns of the rural Litchfield region. Two major attractions are the Mystic Seaport living history museum and Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, as well as two giant Native American casinos, Foxwoods in Mashantucket and Mohegan Sun in Uncasville.
Discover Events and Festivals in Connecticut.
The northernmost New England state, Maine has a dual character. People love its magnificent, rocky coasts and plentiful historic lighthouses, and also its forested inland mountains and lakes. A gem is Acadia National Park on the coast, with rocky beaches, bluffs, and stunning ocean vistas. The southern coast has wonderful sand beaches like Old Orchard Beach and Ogunquit, and the coastal city of Portland, with a burgeoning foodie culture, great art museums, and interesting 19th-century architecture. The inland lakes and mountains attract hunters, fishermen, hikers, skiers, and snowmobilers.
Discover Events and Festivals in Maine.
Massachusetts has the most variety of the New England states. Boston is a world-class city with many prestigious universities, dining of every description, music, museums and Revolutionary War history. Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket attract visitors with their fabulous beaches and comfortable maritime setting. Western Massachusetts and the Berkshires offer ski mountains and cultural attractions in Tanglewood, Lenox, and Stockbridge. The story of the Pilgrims is told in Plymouth. The northern towns of Gloucester, Salem, and Lowell display the state's fishing, witching, and industrial history.
Discover Events and Festivals in Massachusetts.
New Hampshire is loved for its magnificent White Mountains, where visitors enjoy snow sports; luxury resorts and inns; scenic railroad excursions; and outdoor family attractions for kids. The state has a short but dynamic oceanfront in its southeastern corner. Big sand beaches with family entertainments are busy all summer. The port town of Portsmouth is on a river teeming with boat traffic, and visitors love its pretty downtown, great shopping and dining. The region surrounding Lake Winnipesaukee attracts generations of families for lakeside summer vacations.
Discover Events and Festivals in New Hampshire.
Rhode Island packs a lot of variety into its small geography. Visitors beam with wonder at Newport's oceanfront Gilded Age mansions and enjoy the city's stunning vistas and lively downtown with dining, culture, and historic buildings. The South County region spoils vacationers with broad, sandy beaches and summer entertainment. The city of Providence has a restored downtown surrounding a gorgeous riverfront park. The Providence Place Mall and Federal Hill, the city's Little Italy neighborhood, offer great shopping and dining. The inland Blackstone Valley tells the story of the earliest textile mill societies in America.
Discover Events and Festivals in Rhode Island.
The world's mental picture of Vermont is: green mountains; brilliant fall foliage; small, pretty towns and idyllic farms in lush valleys; fabulous skiing; maple trees and maple syrup. All of that is true. It is the one New England state with no oceanfront, but gorgeous Lake Champlain and its islands provide a playground for winter and summer water sports. The state has one major city, Burlington, which hums with community spirit and cultural activity. Manchester and its surrounding towns distill all the pleasures of Vermont, from inns to dining to mountainside fun.
Discover Events and Festivals in Vermont.
- Beer Club at Tap House Grille - Hooksett, NH
- “Prelude to a Kiss” - Warren, RI
- Inventing Impressionism Exhibit at the Rhode Island School of Design Museum - Providence, RI
- Fireside Chats at The Fireplace - Brookline, MA
- "American Buffalo" by David Mamet - Woonsocket, RI
- Beyond Words: Illuminated Manuscripts in Boston Collections - Boston, MA
- Peace on Earth Exhibit at Compass Music and Arts Center - Brandon, VT
- Salem Holiday Happenings 2016 - Salem, MA
- “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens - Norwell, MA
- Christmas by Candlelight 2016 at Old Sturbridge Village - Sturbridge, MA
- December 2016 at Historic Deerfield - Deerfield, MA
- Tunnel of Lights Trolley Ride at Winterfest 2016 - East Windsor, CT
- Lantern Light Tours 2016 at Mystic Seaport - Mystic, CT
- Nutcracker Spectacular 2016 with Mystic Ballet - Stonington, CT
- Santa’s Holiday Express 2016 with Conway Scenic Railroad - North Conway, NH
- Jingle Bell Chocolate Tour 2016 - Jackson, NH
- The Polar Express Train Ride 016 - Woonsocket, RI
- Christmas at Blithewold 2016 - Bristol RI, RI
- Christmas 2016 at the Newport Mansions - Newport, RI
- The Polar Express 2016 - Portland, ME
- Kennebunkport Christmas Prelude 2016 - Kennebunkport, ME
- Gardens Aglow 2016 Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens - Boothbay, ME
- Christmas 2016 at Billings Farm & Museum - Woodstock, VT
- Gardens Aglow 2016 at Heritage Museums and Gardens - Sandwich, MA
- “A Christmas Story: The Musical “ - Nantucket, MA
- Nantucket Festival of Trees 2016 - Nantucket, MA
- Ivoryton Illuminations 2016 - Ivoryton, CT
- Antiquarius 2016 Antique Show, Holiday Boutique, Tour of Homes - Greenwich, CT
- Magic of Christmas 2016 at Florence Griswold Museum - Old Lyme, CT
- Christmas in Newport 2016 Tours and Open Houses - Newport, RI
- Christmas in Newport 2016 Teas - Newport, RI
- Christmas in Newport 2016 Music - Newport, RI
- Christmas in Newport 2016 for Kids - Newport, RI
- Christmas at Canterbury 2016 - Canterbury, NH
- Holiday Pops 2016 with the Boston Pops and Tanglewood Festival Chorus - Boston, MA
- “The Nutcracker” with Boston Ballet - Boston, MA
- Jo Koy - Mashantucket, CT
- Holiday Craft Sale & Exhibit - Brookfield, CT
- The Tinseliner Christmas Train Excursion with Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum - North Adams, MA
- Messiah and Carol Sing with Swanhurst Chorus - Newport, RI
- Christmas on the Rocks - Hartford, CT
- "Frosty the Snowman" - Bridgeport, CT
- “A Christmas Carol — A Ghost Story of Christmas” - Hartford, CT
- The Ogunquit Playhouse Presents Disney’s "Beauty and the Beast" - Portsmouth, NH
- Cellist Zuill Bailey with the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra - Cambridge and Boston, MA
- Alejandro Escovedo - Brownfield, ME
- Carol Singing at the Carousel on the Rose Kennedy Greenway - Boston, MA
- Blink! Sound & Light Show 2016 at Faneuil Hall Marketplace - Boston, MA
- Northern Lights Limited and Santa Express 2016 at the Railroad Museum of New England - Thomaston, CT
- Festival of Trees & Traditions at Wadsworth Atheneum 2016 - Hartford, CT
- "Bah Humbug!" performed by The Dorset Players - Dorset, VT
- A Billion Bricks 4: Superheroes in Gotham Exhibition - Stamford, CT
- ZooLights 2016 at Stone Zoo - Stoneham, MA
- Old Deerfield Holiday Sampler Craft Fair 2016 - West Springfield, MA
- Candlelight Stroll 2016 at Strawbery Banke Museum - Portsmouth, NH
- Christmas at the Rocks 2016 - Bethlehem, NH
- Holiday Shopping With Providence Flea - Providence, RI
- "An Absolute Turkey" - Storrs, CT
- “Other People's Money” - New Haven, CT
- The Foundry Artists Association 2016 - Pawtucket, RI
- Massed Media Exhibit at MFA - Boston, MA
- “A Christmas Carol” 2016 - Portland, ME
- Now Playing: Festival of Trees 2016 - Pittsfield, MA
- Winter Reimagined 2016 at Tower Hill Botanical Garden - Worcester, MA
- Snowmazing! -- Sock Skating & “A Year With Frog and Toad” - Boston, MA
- Country Christmas In Bethel 2016 - Bethel, ME
- Coolidge Holiday Open House 2016 - Plymouth, VT
- Christmas Around the World Concerts with Pilgrim Festival Chorus - Middleborough, Plymuth, Duxbury, MA
- Night of the Nutcracker with Portland Ballet - Portland, ME
- Brewery Lights at Anheuser-Busch 2016 - Merrimack, NH
- Winter Planetarium Shows - Stamford, CT
- Sparklefest 2016 in Harvard Square - Cambridge, MA
- Death by Chocolate - Lincoln, NH
- "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" 2016 - Lincoln, NH
- A Christmas Carol: Storytime with the Shakespeare - Bennington, Brandon, Poultney, Dorset, VT
- Christmas Festival of Lights 2016 at Edaville USA - Carver, MA