Welcome to New England!
A New England vacation is a getaway your family will love!
The natural beauty, culture, and history of New England attract and delight visitors from around the world. The six states that compose the region -- Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont -- have distinct characters, but they all host visitors in all seasons of the year. Fall is for viewing the colorful foliage; winter brings all manner of snow sports; spring is the time for urban fun, museums, and cultural attractions; and summer is for getting outdoors in the mountains, meadows, and beaches.
New England states:
An easy drive from New York City and Philadelphia, Connecticut is a place of Revolutionary War history and cultural attractions, like the architecture and museums of Yale University in New Haven; the home of writer Mark Twain in Hartford; and the many charming village greens, antique shops, and cozy inns of the rural Litchfield region. Two major attractions are the Mystic Seaport living history museum and Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, as well as two giant Native American casinos, Foxwoods in Mashantucket and Mohegan Sun in Uncasville.
Discover Events and Festivals in Connecticut.
The northernmost New England state, Maine has a dual character. People love its magnificent, rocky coasts and plentiful historic lighthouses, and also its forested inland mountains and lakes. A gem is Acadia National Park on the coast, with rocky beaches, bluffs, and stunning ocean vistas. The southern coast has wonderful sand beaches like Old Orchard Beach and Ogunquit, and the coastal city of Portland, with a burgeoning foodie culture, great art museums, and interesting 19th-century architecture. The inland lakes and mountains attract hunters, fishermen, hikers, skiers, and snowmobilers.
Discover Events and Festivals in Maine.
Massachusetts has the most variety of the New England states. Boston is a world-class city with many prestigious universities, dining of every description, music, museums and Revolutionary War history. Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket attract visitors with their fabulous beaches and comfortable maritime setting. Western Massachusetts and the Berkshires offer ski mountains and cultural attractions in Tanglewood, Lenox, and Stockbridge. The story of the Pilgrims is told in Plymouth. The northern towns of Gloucester, Salem, and Lowell display the state's fishing, witching, and industrial history.
Discover Events and Festivals in Massachusetts.
New Hampshire is loved for its magnificent White Mountains, where visitors enjoy snow sports; luxury resorts and inns; scenic railroad excursions; and outdoor family attractions for kids. The state has a short but dynamic oceanfront in its southeastern corner. Big sand beaches with family entertainments are busy all summer. The port town of Portsmouth is on a river teeming with boat traffic, and visitors love its pretty downtown, great shopping and dining. The region surrounding Lake Winnipesaukee attracts generations of families for lakeside summer vacations.
Discover Events and Festivals in New Hampshire.
Rhode Island packs a lot of variety into its small geography. Visitors beam with wonder at Newport's oceanfront Gilded Age mansions and enjoy the city's stunning vistas and lively downtown with dining, culture, and historic buildings. The South County region spoils vacationers with broad, sandy beaches and summer entertainment. The city of Providence has a restored downtown surrounding a gorgeous riverfront park. The Providence Place Mall and Federal Hill, the city's Little Italy neighborhood, offer great shopping and dining. The inland Blackstone Valley tells the story of the earliest textile mill societies in America.
Discover Events and Festivals in Rhode Island.
The world's mental picture of Vermont is: green mountains; brilliant fall foliage; small, pretty towns and idyllic farms in lush valleys; fabulous skiing; maple trees and maple syrup. All of that is true. It is the one New England state with no oceanfront, but gorgeous Lake Champlain and its islands provide a playground for winter and summer water sports. The state has one major city, Burlington, which hums with community spirit and cultural activity. Manchester and its surrounding towns distill all the pleasures of Vermont, from inns to dining to mountainside fun.
Discover Events and Festivals in Vermont.
- Picasso: Encounters Exhibit - Williamstown, MA
- Bar Harbor Music Festival 2017 - Bar Harbor, ME
- WaterFire 2017 - Providence, RI
- Art on Park 2017 - Stowe, VT
- Music in the Meadow 2017 - Stowe, VT
- “Tenderly” - Weston, VT
- “Lost in Yonkers” - Weston, VT
- Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition - Stowe, VT
- Bowdoin International Music Festival 2017 - Brunswick, ME
- Cabaret Series by Ivoryton Playhouse - Westbrook, CT
- The Towers Summer Music Series 2017 - Narragansett, RI
- Wednesday Nights at Rough Point - Newport, RI
- “West Side Story” - New London, NH
- Tuesday Tea & Talks at Ventfort Hall - Lenox, MA
- “The Hound of the Baskervilles” - Meredith, NH
- Summer Polo Matches - Greenwich, CT
- Embellishments in Victorian Fashion exhibit - Saco, ME
- Cocktails in Great Gardens - New Marlborough, Great Barrington, Ashley Falls, MA
- Lowell Summer Music Series 2017 - Lowell, MA
- Manchester Summer Concerts 2017 - Manchester, CT
- Daily Guided Canoe Tours with Maine Audubon - Scarborough, ME
- Beavertail Lighthouse Tower Climb - Jamestown, RI
- Summer in the Park 2017 - Freeport,, ME
- Talcott Mountain Music Festival 2017 - Simsbury, CT
- The Bath Iron Works Story: a Trolley and Boat Tour - Bath, ME
- The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss - Springfield, MA
- “Mary Poppins” in Prescott Park - Portsmouth, NH
- Arts Jubilee Concert Series - North Conway, NH
- Tuckerman Concert Series 2017 - Conway, NH
- Science in the Mountains Lectures with Mount Washington Observatory - North Conway, NH
- Movies on Settlers Green 2017 - North Conway, NH
- Bands on the Beach 2017 - Salisbury, MA
- Twilight Walk & Night Sky Viewing at Hodge Preserve - Block Island, RI
- Boat Tours to Bakers Island Lighthouse - Salem, MA
- Deck Tours of a Viking Longship at Mystic Seaport - Mystic, CT
- The Curious Magic of Varujan Boghosian - Manchester, NH
- “My Father’s Dragon” - Monmouth, ME
- "Three Days of Rain" - Monmouth, ME
- "The Learned Ladies" by Moliere - Monmouth, ME
- Blues on the Block 2017 - Block Island, RI
- “West Side Story” - New London, NH
- Summer Concerts at the Clark - Williamstown, MA
- Soar into Summer Fun at New England Air Museum - Windsor Locks, CT
- Sunday Evening Music on the Island - Tilton, NH
- Family Night Concert Series 2017 - Newport, RI
- Music at the Mansion 2017 - Middletown, CT
- Glastonbury Riverfront Music Series 2017 - Glastonbury, CT
- Pardee Morris House Twilight Concerts 2017 - New Haven, CT
- “Twelfth Night” - Pittsfield, MA
- Summer Music Series at Dog Mountain 2017 - St. Johnsbury, VT
- Newburyport BluesCruises - Newburyport, MA
- Summer Music Series at Maudslay Arts Center - Newburyport, MA
- Brimfield Antique Flea Markets 2017 - Brimfield, MA
- The Z -- Boston Zipline - Boston, MA
- Music on the Green 2017 - New Haven, CT
- Guilford Concert Series 2017 - Guilford, CT
- Concerts Under the Elms 2017 - Providence, RI
- Snooze at the Zoo - Providence, RI
- Gazebo Concerts at Stowe Library - Stowe, VT
- Cochecho Arts Festival Children's Series 2017 - Dover, NH
- Cochecho Arts Festival headliner Series 2017 - Dover, NH
- Cochecho Arts Festival Shark in the Park Series 2017 - Dover, NH
- Wednesday Walk-arounds and Saturday Strolls at Blithewold - Bristol, RI
- Family Fun Fridays at Blithewold - Bristol, RI
- Music at Sunset: Summer Concert Series - Bristol, RI
- Build-It Table at RI Audubon - Bristol, RI
- Tango in the Park - Boston, MA
- Barn Supper by Nebo Lodge at Turner Barn - North Haven Island, off the Coast of Rockland, ME
- "West Side Story" - Ivoryton, CT
- “Indoor/Outdoor” by Kenny Finkle - Harrison, ME
- “Bullets Over Broadway” - Ogunquit, ME
- “Beauty and the Beast” - Wakefield, RI
- Edward Albee's “At Home at the Zoo (Zoo story)” - Stockbridge, MA
- “The Music Man” - Pittsfield, MA
- Ken Ludwig’s Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery - Dorset, VT
- “Oklahoma” - Haddam, CT
- The Traveller Bar -- A Pop-Up Speakeasy - Boston, MA
- Sunflowers for Wishes Sale - Griswold, CT
- Andrew Wyeth at 100: Maine Watercolors, 1938 to 2008 - Rockland, ME
- Circus Arts Summer Day Camp - North Truro, MA
- Field of Artisans - Wakefield or Matunuck, RI