Welcome to New England!
A New England vacation is a getaway your family will love!
The natural beauty, culture, and history of New England attract and delight visitors from around the world. The six states that compose the region -- Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont -- have distinct characters, but they all host visitors in all seasons of the year. Fall is for viewing the colorful foliage; winter brings all manner of snow sports; spring is the time for urban fun, museums, and cultural attractions; and summer is for getting outdoors in the mountains, meadows, and beaches.
New England states:
An easy drive from New York City and Philadelphia, Connecticut is a place of Revolutionary War history and cultural attractions, like the architecture and museums of Yale University in New Haven; the home of writer Mark Twain in Hartford; and the many charming village greens, antique shops, and cozy inns of the rural Litchfield region. Two major attractions are the Mystic Seaport living history museum and Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, as well as two giant Native American casinos, Foxwoods in Mashantucket and Mohegan Sun in Uncasville.
Discover Events and Festivals in Connecticut.
The northernmost New England state, Maine has a dual character. People love its magnificent, rocky coasts and plentiful historic lighthouses, and also its forested inland mountains and lakes. A gem is Acadia National Park on the coast, with rocky beaches, bluffs, and stunning ocean vistas. The southern coast has wonderful sand beaches like Old Orchard Beach and Ogunquit, and the coastal city of Portland, with a burgeoning foodie culture, great art museums, and interesting 19th-century architecture. The inland lakes and mountains attract hunters, fishermen, hikers, skiers, and snowmobilers.
Discover Events and Festivals in Maine.
Massachusetts has the most variety of the New England states. Boston is a world-class city with many prestigious universities, dining of every description, music, museums and Revolutionary War history. Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket attract visitors with their fabulous beaches and comfortable maritime setting. Western Massachusetts and the Berkshires offer ski mountains and cultural attractions in Tanglewood, Lenox, and Stockbridge. The story of the Pilgrims is told in Plymouth. The northern towns of Gloucester, Salem, and Lowell display the state's fishing, witching, and industrial history.
Discover Events and Festivals in Massachusetts.
New Hampshire is loved for its magnificent White Mountains, where visitors enjoy snow sports; luxury resorts and inns; scenic railroad excursions; and outdoor family attractions for kids. The state has a short but dynamic oceanfront in its southeastern corner. Big sand beaches with family entertainments are busy all summer. The port town of Portsmouth is on a river teeming with boat traffic, and visitors love its pretty downtown, great shopping and dining. The region surrounding Lake Winnipesaukee attracts generations of families for lakeside summer vacations.
Discover Events and Festivals in New Hampshire.
Rhode Island packs a lot of variety into its small geography. Visitors beam with wonder at Newport's oceanfront Gilded Age mansions and enjoy the city's stunning vistas and lively downtown with dining, culture, and historic buildings. The South County region spoils vacationers with broad, sandy beaches and summer entertainment. The city of Providence has a restored downtown surrounding a gorgeous riverfront park. The Providence Place Mall and Federal Hill, the city's Little Italy neighborhood, offer great shopping and dining. The inland Blackstone Valley tells the story of the earliest textile mill societies in America.
Discover Events and Festivals in Rhode Island.
The world's mental picture of Vermont is: green mountains; brilliant fall foliage; small, pretty towns and idyllic farms in lush valleys; fabulous skiing; maple trees and maple syrup. All of that is true. It is the one New England state with no oceanfront, but gorgeous Lake Champlain and its islands provide a playground for winter and summer water sports. The state has one major city, Burlington, which hums with community spirit and cultural activity. Manchester and its surrounding towns distill all the pleasures of Vermont, from inns to dining to mountainside fun.
Discover Events and Festivals in Vermont.
- WaterFire 2017 - Providence, RI
- Exhibition: In the Limelight: Toulouse-Lautrec Portraits - Greenwich, CT
- Harvest on the Harbor 2017 - Portland, ME
- City-Wide Open Studios 2017 - New Haven, CT
- Tree of Life Maze at Fort Hill Farm - Thompson, CT
- Wicked on Wednesdays with Salem Haunted Happenings - Salem, MA
- The Sleepy Hollow Experience at Old Sturbridge Village - Sturbridge, MA
- Exhibit: The Art of Eric Carle: Night - Amherst, MA
- Paproski’s Maze at Castle Hill Farm - Newtown, CT
- Corn Maze and Fall Fun 2017 at Brown's Harvest - Windsor, CT
- Lyman 2017 Corn Maze Celebrates Spirit of St. Louis - Middlefield, CT
- Treworgy Corn Maze 2017 Honors Paul Bunyan - Levant, ME
- Pumpkin Valley Farm Corn Maze 2017 - Dayton, ME
- Thunder Road Farm Corn Maze 2017 - Corinna, ME
- Great Corn Maze 2017 at Zach's - York, ME
- Ghost Tours at The Mount - Lenox, MA
- Shaker Crafts Workshops - Canterbury, NH
- Davis’s Mega Maze 2017 - Sterling, MA
- Mike’s Corn Maze at the - Sunderland, MA
- Marini Corn Maze 2017 - Ipswich, MA
- Old-School Ink: New Haven's Tattoos - New Haven, CT
- Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular 2017 at Roger Williams Park Zoo - Providence, RI
- “The Boys Next Door” - Warren, RI
- Corn Maze 2017 at Escobar's - Portsmouth, RI
- Corn Maze 2017 at Salisbury Farm - Johnston, RI
- Corn Maze 2017 at Hathaway Farm - Rutland, VT
- Historic Property Walks at Norman Rockwell Museum - Stockbridge, MA
- Morgan: Mind of the Collector Exhibit - Hartford, CT
- Soaring Eagle Zip Ride at Roger Williams Park and Zoo - Providence, RI
- Pumpkin Patch 2017 at the Trolley Museum - East Windsor, CT
- "Silent Sky" - Lowell, MA
- “Death of a Salesman” - Providence, RI
- “Skeleton Crew” - Providence, RI
- Exhibit: The Paris of Toulouse-Lautrec - Manchester, NH
- “Rags” - East Haddam, CT
- Exhibition: Lines of Thought: Drawing from Michelangelo to Now - Providence, RI
- Pumpkintown USA 2017 - East Hampton, CT
- "Dracula - Goes to High School" - Bridgeport, CT
- Nautical Nightmares 2017 at Mystic Seaport - Mystic, CT
- Providence Ghost Tours - Providence, RI
- Hanson’s Haunted Hayride - Framingham, MA
- Frightful Friday Ghost Stories and Tour 2017 at Gore Mansion - Waltham, MA
- Night Terrors Haunted Woods Walk 2017 - Kittery, ME
- Haunted Playground 2017 at Cranmore Mountain Resort - North Conway, NH
- Return of the Pumpkin People - Mount Washington Valley, NH
- A Haunting at Mill Hill 2017 - Norwalk, CT
- Graveyard Shift Ghost Tours 2017 at the Mark Twain House. - Hartford, CT
- Rails to the Darkside 2017 - East Windsor, CT
- Holidaze: The Real Story of Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas Exhibit - Guilford, CT
- Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular 2017 at Roger Williams Park Zoo - Providence, RI - Providence, RI
- Ghostly Bangor Walking Tours 2017 - Bangor, ME
- Howl-o-Ween at the Beardsley Zoo - Bridgeport, CT
- Wicked Wednesday for Kids at Haunted Happenings - Salem, MA
- Candlelit Ghostly Walking Tour - Salem, MA
- Mahi Mahi Haunted Happenings Harbor Cruise - Salem, MA
- Dining in the Dark - Salem, MA
- Open Hearth Cooking Demonstrations: Tavern Fare - Deerfield, MA
- Historic Trade Demonstrations - Deerfield, MA
- Ghost Tours at The Mount 2017 - Lenox, MA
- Seal Watch and Nature Cruises - Westerly, RI
- “The Crucible” with Middlebury Community Players - Middlebury, VT
- Experience G.R.A.B. - Stonington, CT
- Zoo Boo Days 2017 at Southwick’s Zoo - Mendon, MA
- Witch’s Woods 2017 at Nashoba Valley Ski Area - Westford, MA
- Music at the Fountain Stage 2017 - Salem, MA
- The Sleepy Hollow Experience at Old Sturbridge Village - Sturbridge, MA
- Harvard Square Ghost Tours - Cambridge, MA
- Freeport Conservation Trust's Freeport Trail Challenge - Freeport, ME
- "From Here to Eternity" - Ogunquit, ME
- Lighthouse Legends and Lore Cruise - Bath, ME
- Roseland After Dark - Woodstock, CT